Another amazing performance by Circus Oz. Full of juggling, comedy, aerobics, magic and circus tricks. It was an awesome show. The topic this year is The Ground and Up, inspired by the construction of the new Circus Oz home in Collingwood and building culture form the ground up. Circus Oz is entertaining and funny but still delivers a message though the theme of fruit salad. You might be a strawberry and I might be an apple and together we belong in the same bowl, Australia.
I was really happy to have the opportunity to interview Flip from Circus Oz, one of my favourite performers. In Circus Oz Flip plays the part of Fantaysia Fitness. Fantaysia Fitness is funny and fit but doesn’t like being told what to do. Flip’s work on the straps is amazing!
Flip – Fantaysia Fitness
Here Is The Interview I Did With Flip:
- How long has Circus Oz been going for? Circus Oz was established in 1978
- How do you decide what happens in the show? We have some directors that give us a topic and then we work from there.
- How long did it take to make this show? It took us 2 months to make this performance.
- How long do you train for each day? We train for 8 hours every day.
- Who designs the costumes? Laurel Frank
- How long does it take to prepare for a performance? It takes us 2 hours beforehand.
- Why did you decide to be a performer? I got the thrown in to it. (Flip has been training for circuses since she was 8 years old).
- How do you feel on stage? I feel happy and exited, I just enjoy it.
Thankyou Flip for your time
I recommend it for 5+. I thought the performance was terrific and if you see it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
The Circus Oz tent is located at Birrarung Marr from June 20 to July 15. Click here for national tour dates.